JT Stockroom

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Dominants: you're allowed to stop

I want to say a word about safety and dominance.
If you are uncomfortable with what you're doing to a sub, and she/he is taking it anyway, STOP. How you feel in the situation is valid, and if you feel that it's unsafe or not for you, you shouldn't be doing it. Don't feel as though you must go farther because you think that's what your submissive wants.
If you are having medical problems during play, STOP. Don't delay. Delaying could be dangerous to both of you.
Also, any medical conditions either of you have absolutely MUST be communicated before you play!! Furthermore, I recommend regular checkups.
I thought this was common sense, but my eyes have been opened. VERY recently by people who believe that Dominants need safe words for themselves.  Why you'd say a safe word to a sub as a Dominant is beyond me--it's a foreign concept not to be in control and unable to stop.  

No comments:

Post a Comment